Friday 4 April 2014

Book Review: Haven: A Stranger Magic (Book 1)

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.
Hello there, it is me again ^___^

I am very exited about today review because this is the first time I'm given something to review :D

Book: Haven: A Stranger Magic (Book 1) 


Author: D.C. Akers


D.C. Akers is an Amazon Best Selling Author. Like many who enjoy the fantasy genre, Akers started reading it as an adolescent. He was fascinated with Tolkien’s Lord of the Rings and Bram Stoker’s Dracula. He currently enjoys reading works by Dean Koontz, Heather Brewer, J.K. Rowling, and Rick Riordan.

Akers enjoys creating a fantasy world with compelling story-lines, while injecting humor and a touch of drama into the action as he did with his first book Terra Vonnel and the Skulls of Aries, which has received rave reviews.

“I start every story with this thought: Where can I take my audience now? To me it’s about the journey, the escape into a world filled with the fantastic and the unexpected. There is nothing like an adventure that takes you further from reality with every turn of the page.”

D.C. Akers was born in Texas and attended Crowley High School. After spending several years working in accounting, Akers began to pursue his childhood dream of becoming a writer.


Summery:
Sam Dalcome thinks he is so completely average that no one ever notices him. Until he discovers a mysterious stranger outside his home. Bewildered, he tries to uncover the stranger’s intentions. But Sam is sidetracked when he and his friend Travis discover a secret passageway deep in the town’s quarry that leads to a hidden cavern. What they uncover next will not only change their lives forever, but will uncover the first clue to a deadly Dalcome family secret. Sam finds himself drawn into a world of mystery and magic he never knew existed, which brings him closer to a destiny he never knew was possible.

My Opinion :
This book is really easy to read, even though at first it can get a bit boring in the first few chapters that you think nothing interesting is going to happen, but then things start to happen and you can get so indulged in reading you forgot about your surroundings ( I was reading this book on the bus ride to the university when the bus driver suddenly stopped and asked me if I am going to get out the bus yet,
Me: *looking around to find empty seats and realize that I don't know exactly where I am* Umm.. where am I ?
Bus driver: IT college
Me: But I go law college
Bus Driver: yeah.. I stopped there and waited for you to get down, but you didn't so I thought you might want to get off here because you have classes here sometimes.. I even asked you if you will get down here but you ignored me.
Me: *confused* I did ?! I am sorry I didn't know what was going on, I was reading "^_^
Bus driver: *laughes* it is okay.. I'll take you to law college
and he was laughing the whole time I was a bit embarrassed )
overall this book was really fun to read and my favourite was Travis :)
the only bad thing I have to say it that it ends on a cliff hanger, which is expected because this is a series not a single book.

Rating: 3/5
Buy it here or Add it to your goodreads here
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.