Saturday 17 August 2013

Circle Lenses Review: Geo Grang Grang Choco 14.2 (HC-246)

First review from my haul, and my first pair of circle lenses :]

I've been wearing contact lenses (ACUVUE® OASYS®) for six month due to inherited bad eye sight, and when I ran out of lenses I wanted to try circle lenses, not only because they make your eyes beautiful and they have pretty design, but also because they are cheap ( my normal lenses cost $98 for six months supply).

So I've been hunting the web to find my first pair of circle lenses when I came across circlelens.com they offer free shipping worldwide, and their circle lenses cost $17.90 to $21.90 which is a great deal, and they have an amazing customer service.

I placed my order on 7th August, shipped on 9th of August, and it reached Bahrain on 12th August but the post office here love to delay packages so I got it on 15th.

you can see the lenses design here
 after taking pictures, I opened the lenses and put them in the included lenses case (not pictures) and let them sit there until the next day (I've read that you have to do that in circle lenses caring guides)

nest day I was going to have lunch in my aunt house so I thought it was a great opportunity to try my new lenses, but when I first but them on, I was freaked out because I looked scary, my sister was standing next to me and she said I looked kinda weird, so I called my mom into the room and she froze in her place, then asked me what is wrong with my eyes (she was scared).. I felt really about about my lenses and I tried to tone them down by wearing some eyeliner/mascara, my sister said I looked better with makeup, my brother said I looked weird (tbh, I never take my brother opinion seriously because he knows nothing about makeup, and he always says it looks weird/ugly/stupid).. I was feeling so bad about the lenses I considered taking them off, but my sister encouraged me to keep them saying I look normal. So I listened to her and went to my aunt's house feeling a bit embarrassed/anxious.. but nobody commented on it so I was a bit relieved.. but then my aunt was talking to my dad and she toke a quick glance at my direction (where her 2yrs old daughter is making a mess) and she said to me: those lenses, your eyes looks huge (in a mocking/sarcastic tone).. I was so embarrassed/humiliated because everyone there gave a judging look, and I felt nauseated.

I started playing on my phone so I'll be looking down the whole time and no one could see my eyes, but then I started having a headache and my eyes hurt, then I remembered I was wearing my contacts ( this happens all the time when I wear contact while using my phone/laptop), so I toke my lenses off.

when we came back home, my mom told me that she'll give me money s I can buy another pair of circle lenses that doesn't look so scary, she said: you looked like something from a horror movie :(

nevertheless, I wanted to do a review, so I wore them today, and to my surprise they looked perfect on me :)

so here is the review :
this is the lenses in the case



and this is how they look on me


  • Colour and Pattern: the colour matches my eye perfectly, and the design blend very well in my eye.
  • Enlargement: I am not sure because it is my first pair of circle lenses, but they are HUGE!
  • Comfort: extremely comfortable, they are more comfortable than my previous lenses (ACUVUE® OASYS®).. I didn't wear them for more than an hour yet, but I did not feel them in my eyes at all because they are so thin (compared to normal lenses, I can feel them when I blink)
  • Overall: except the fact that they are a bit too big, I love them
  • Rating: 4.5/5

they look great with just eyeliner&mascara 
please ignore my ungroomed eyebrows XP
what do you think ? do I look creepy ?