Tuesday 10 September 2013

Splashlights



Hey, it's me again ~




Even though I am not allowed to dye my hair (ugh, parents), I am always on the look out for the next big hair color trend, but my findings usually ends up with ombré. But ombré has been a thing for so long it became over-used and mainstream (no, I am not a hipster).




I was so tired of seeing this ombré look, I thought that there is no new hair trends, Until I came across this picture :






at first I thought it was just shadow reflection on her hair, but when I looked again, I know it wasn't.

after googling a bit I discovered that this hair trend is called ‘splashlight’, splashlights are a streak of highlights that move horizontally across the hair, creating the illusion that you are standing in a spotlight.




the creator of this look Aura Friedman, (who is a pioneer in the hair colour world; and she is the on who started the original ombré trend), told Allure that she 'wanted to create the effect that a laser beam is hitting your hair at a certain spot.'To achieve this look, start with fully bleached hair (I think it is easier that way), then colour the hair below and above the sections you want to stay bleached with a shade similar to your natural hair colour.


Do you think this trend will be the new ombré ? would it be the next hair trend of 2014 ?