Thursday 24 July 2014

Book Review: Lucid by Adrienne Stoltz, Ron Bass

Hello lovelies ~

can you notice that I am starting to post more often ? I hope I can make even more posts in the coming days :)

I've been wanting to read the book I am reviewing today for a long time, but I always got busy and forget about it, until the other day at work when I had nothing to do and was browsing the files on my phone, that I noticed I have this ebook and started reading it.


Summery: 
What if you could dream your way into a different life? What if you could choose to live that life forever? 
Sloane and Maggie have never met. Sloane is a straight-A student with a big and loving family. Maggie lives a glamorously independent life as an up-and-coming actress in New York. The two girls couldn't be more different--except for one thing. They share a secret that they can't tell a soul. At night, they dream that they're each other. 
The deeper they're pulled into the promise of their own lives, the more their worlds begin to blur dangerously together. Before long, Sloane and Maggie can no longer tell which life is real and which is just a dream. They realize that eventually they will have to choose one life to wake up to, or risk spiralling into insanity. But that means giving up one world, one love, and one self, forever. 


alternative cover
My Opinion :

as I said, I've been wanting to read this book for ages, and finally got the chance to, at first it wasn't that interesting (I mean not much happenings) but then more characters started to appear, and when I reached the chapters at the end (20 something) I got so consumed in the story that I became a statue (that's what my co-workers said, "I am just a body with no sense of reality", "my soul went to an alternative world and left my body here a souvenir" and similar things) seriously, I sat there clutching to my phone and making facial expression and gasping, not noticing anything that is happening around me, and suddenly everything went black, my phone battery died without a warning when I had only 10 pages to finish the story I shouted a curse and ran to charge my phone, good thing since I work in a salon there is electricity plug everywhere, but the bad thing that the salon was kind of crowded at that time I was not able to use my phone while it was charging, I was so tense I couldn't sit down, I was literally walking in circles in the reception area, at that time I realized how drug addicts feel when they don't get their drug, it was horrible..

but after that I got to finish the thing and I wish I didn't, dude this was mindfucking, I had almost the same feeling I got after I finished reading Before I Go To Sleep by S.J. Watson (do you want a review ?) 




Favourite character: Jade, I love this little kid, she is perfect and she is how I've always imagined my future daughter would be like ^___^

Rating: 5/5
Buy it here or Add it to your goodreads here

 ♥