Wednesday 4 February 2015

Book Review: Losing Heart by Donna Brown


Look who is back (ノ ̄ー ̄)ノ

And I gave up on Review 7 Products challenge.. My assistant photographer sucks <<trying to sound professionalAlso I was sick, then I got busy with University registration and stuff. My motivation is gone So no product reviews for now.

Since I finally got everything universty related sorted out, I had free time today, So I decided to read.. 

I got this book a week ago as a part of an advertorial. But got around to read it today. ad finished it in one sitting.

Book: Losing Heart 

Author:  Donna Brown





Donna is a longtime book lover and sometime book reviewer and has devoured books from an early age. She writes short (or long) stories as and when inspiration hits and is married to fantasy author David M. Brown, with whom she co-authored Man vs Cat, a humorous look at life with six rambunctious rescue cats. Donna has lived in many different areas of the UK over the last 30- something years but has remained in Yorkshire for the past decade. She ardently disputes the misnomer that 'It's grim up north'.



Find out more at
books.donnambrownuk.com
getbook.at/losingheart
author.to/DonnaBrown

Connect with Donna at
@_mrs_b
facebook.com/tweedling
instagram.com/donnambrownuk
pinterest.com/donnambrownuk
donnambrownuk.tumblr.com
plus.google.com/+DonnaBrown

For more information, resources
and review copies email
donna.haw@gmail.com 




Summery: 
"I hate you. I hate you with all of Sylvia's heart." 

Helen has waited for months for the heart that will save her life. After reaching out to the grieving mother of her donor heart, Helen realises that a second chance comes at a price. The price, she soon realises, is much steeper than she'd ever have chosen to pay. 

There's more than one way to break a heart. There's more than one way to destroy a life...

My Opinion: 
The first half is Somewhat confusing, because the story is not connected, events are written like drabble and jumping from one event to another with no warning. you feel like you are reading updates, or summary of episodes from a series.. Just highlights of events, and the story moves too fast (they started having sex on page 12! - but not sex sex, just hints, not descriptive at all. except for one scene which is still not that descriptive, it actually reminded me of YunJae smut fictions lol.)

But the story picks up on the second half, and man it is amazing,I loved it.. It is my cup of tea. I don't think I can say more because spoilers :/

But if you insist on knowing what are my thoughts on each chapter click Open > 
Chapter 1

Story is moving too fast and they are already having sex

The tipping point, The tipping point, The tipping point, ...

Feels like drabble

It's not connected

Jumping from one event to another


Chapter 2

Like bad YunJae fanfiction(a.k.a weak smut)

Sex with affair


Chapter 3

Some weird words I don't understand :$

Actually it'll be much easier to understand if it was a movie

The catch phrase From the Summary


Chapter 5

The 'F' is wrong with the painting ?!


Chapter 6

I want to stab Marian

Just giving updates on the characters

My lovebird is called Toby <3


Chapter 7

Now the story is starting to be interesting


Chapter 8

I love Jack, Why is this happening to him (ಡ ﹏ ಡ)


Chapter 9

She is sick and twisted

Psycho


Chapter 11

OMG WTF I am hating the writer right now


Chapter 12

Cliché

Would wished her more pain, but good riddance

Ending is not happy but not sad


You should read it, Especially that it is only 73 pages.


Did I like the ending ? Not my favourite type of ending, But it is good enough

Favourite character: Jack
Least favourite character: Tom
I hated: Marian

Rating: 3.5/5
Buy it here or Add it to your goodreads here

 ♥


**Disclaimer: This review was sponsored but the review is my honest opinion**