Thursday 14 September 2017

August reading wrap-up

Hello everyone ♥ Today I want to share with you the books that I've read in August and what I thought about them.. in total I've read 8 books (cool coincidence.. reading 8 books in the 8th month lol)


Anyway, let's see the books I've read:

1. Red dragon by Thomas Harris: I've decided to read this book because I'm a big fan of NBC Hannibal.. So I borrowed a copy from a fellow member in my reading group.
The book is different that the series but I actually enjoyed reading it and wasn't bothered at all by the difference in the characters. and I loved Francis Dolarhyde even though he was the bad guy, actually I named one of my cats after him (it's a rescued cat)

Rating: 4/5

2. Shadow of the wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafón: My first group reading!! Even though this book is a part of a series, you can read it alone because it contains one story that gets wrapped up in the end, so you can treat it as a stand-alone novel if you want to.
This book follows a little boy (Daniel) on his journey to unravel the mystery of Julian Carax.
This book was fun to read even though it was a bit long, the mysteries and blot twist are engaging, and the characters are lovable
also it is full of quotable content

Rating: 4/5


3. Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka: short story that's a bit weird, but enjoyed it.. it's about a guy who woke up one day to find that he turned into an insect.
I listened to the BBC radio version read by cucumberbinch guy from Sherlock
Rating: 3/5


4. When they come by Jason Sanchez: zombies, I've always loved post apocalyptic stuff, and I like zombies so I thought this would be a fun short read, I was wrong.. it was short drabbles going back and forth between characters with no real story, and it was a bit graphic
  • But I liked the fact that they talked about how it started (even though it didn't explain everything)
Rating: 1/5

5. Man and his symbol by Carl C. Jung: one of Bahraini Readers member was talking about it and recommended it to me, I'm in love with this book, I’ve always been interested in psychology and dreams but never read a book because I didn't know where to start but this was an amazing book.. listened to the audio book on YouTube
Rating: 5/5 *Favourite*

6. حديث الصباح لأدهم شرقاوي: أول كتاب عربي اقراه!! كان منتشر بكثرة في انستاغرام وشد انتباهي فقررت اقراه.. كتاب خفيف فيه قصص قصيرة ووياها عبر.. واجد تطرش في قروبات الواتساب
التقييم: 5/5
7. The old man and the sea by Ernest Hemingway: was told it is an short easy read, it was short but it wasn't easy, a lot of fishing related vocabulary, and a very boring story about a man who risked it all and lost it in the end.. would not recommend to anyone
Rating: ½/5

8. Looking for Alaska by John Green: oh John green, I learned about him and started liking him from tumblr glory days when he was worshiped there, but I never managed to read anything by him until now, it was fun to read, shocking plot twist made it hard for me to keep reading, but I forced myself to read it and it was good again.. reason why I choose this book is because one of my kittens is names Alaska

Rating: 4/5

And that's it for August! What books did you read? and what's on your reading list for September?