Sunday 15 September 2013

Memories memory: First day of University

Hi ~

If you've read my University haul post, you probably know that today I officially started my second year of law school, I go to University of Bahrain or UoB for short.

Because of that, I went to the saloon yesterday and got my eyebrows groomed,
my skin is a bit red on the second picture because I toke it 10 minutes after I got out of the saloon.
threading your face is the best thing you can do to fully transform yourself into a better looking creature, it brightens your face and helps even out your skin tone a bit (because areas with hair tends to look darker)

but before that, I shaved my legs and arms, ( tip: to avoid getting ingrown hair, shave twice, one with the grain, then one more time against the grain) I was gillette simply venus 2 razor, while I was trying to clean the razor ( pulling the hairs out ), somehow the razor head broke and cut my thumb, I was shocked, and when I looked at my finger there was a big stain of blood, I quickly covered myself with my towel and opened the bathroom door to call for a band-aid, and in 2 minutes there was a pool of blood under my feet, I am not joking, there was literally a pool of blood, I was scared and in so much pain, my whole family was freaking out while watching, I kept washing my finger with water, but blood wasn't stopping, and I was bleeding a lot, I started feeling sick in my stomach after a few minutes, and felt lightheaded, my mom and sister guided me to the bedroom, sat me on the bed and gave me water, after a few seconds my brother finally found the band-aids, and my dad applied one on my thumb, while he was doing that, everything became black and I lied on the bed, after a minutes my mom lifted my head and I woke up.. it was -and it still is- painful, I can't move my thumb or touch it, it hurts a lot, and I have to change the band-aid every 2 hours because it gets full of blood.. that was a horrible experience, I am never going to buy those razors again.

and these are the photos I took today
this is the band-aid after 3 minutes of changing it today
I am thankful that my skin wasn't completely gone, only a small part was still in the razor.. it is not obvious here but the skin was lifted off of my skin, but I just put it back in place and covered it with band-aid.
and here is two disgusting photos of my wound,



Anyway, let's get back to today, first day of University means thousands of freshmen (6200 were accepted this semester).. tbh, I find it entertaining to watch freshmen (even when I was one, it was still fun), everyone is overdressed and looks lost, they don't know what to do, and it is just fun to listen to them lying to each others lol

what I noticed in this year students, is that there is a lot of butches (I don't hate them, everyone have the right to dress and look the way they want, but here is Bahrain, being a butch is a trend (just like ombre or pastel colours))
but the thing that killed me was the boys, I can't believe how cute these kids are, they are really handsome and good looking, why didn't my batch have cute guys ? this is so unfair >:(

this is my schedule for this semester,
I am on probation because I got bad marks last semester (riding horses instead of studying for finals is a stupid decision)
My First class was Introduction to legal studies, I am lucky my friend from school goes to the same class with me (it is not nice to be alone), but I am not lucky because where I like to sit is reserved for boy :(
our lecturer is Egyptian, he have a weird accent that I am not used to, and he talk fast.
he wasn't dressed professionally (like you would expect from someone in the legal field), what he wore made him look like a janitor or something, if you saw him you wouldn't expect him to be working in a University, he really looked out of place (I don't care about looks that much, but for the first day, at least you want to look clean).
and in the end of the lecture when he stood up, his pants zipper were open !! that was embarrassing, I hope he noticed it after the lecture.. he is a nice man.

after the lecture, I've been told that the law library was removed, why the f*** would they get rid of the law library ? where are supposed to study and find law related books for our essays and assignments ? not to mention that people from all the GCC countries come specifically for this library, it just make no sense to me.

also another thing I want to complain about is the girls' rest area, why there is no wifi ? how are we supposed to take a break or rest without wifi ? what annoys me the most is that there is wifi everywhere else ( even the toilets) but no wifi in the resting areas, this is stupid.

My second class was criminology and punishment, ( I arrived 2 minutes late because I didn't know where the class is) my professor was Egyptian too, but he didn't have a wired accent, and he looks like Laurence Fishburne ( but he is older, have white hair, and big earlobes ), he was nice, he kept joking with us.
for the first lecture he said he'll start by giving us a brief introduction of the subject, and ended up summarizing the book, but it was okay because he kept telling us stories to make us understand what he is talking about ( the first one was Cain and Abel ).
the only thing that annoyed me about that professor was that he had dust on his shoulder (he wore navy suit) and it was so distracting.

then I kept seeing cute kids everywhere (I have an hour break between every class, so I wandered around), when I was in the coldstore, (I tend to take my time in front of the refrigerators and consider all the possibilities, it is hard to choose what to drink) when I looked to my right, there was a boy (freshman, because he doesn't have his students ID yet), he was staring at me -even though I am not a big fan of blue eyes, or blonde hair, this guy was totally cute- and when I looked at him, he flushed and bit his lips, but he was staring into my eyes, he was cute!!!(ノ≧∀≦)ノ I smiled at him and I kind of bite a little of my lower lip (I do that when I get compliments or cute stares, it is a habit, my BFF say it's cute) then his eyes softened, and he have this look on his face, he was about to say something but he kept opening and closing his mouth like he have nothing to say, and he was adorable, I just gave him a smile, nodded my head, and proceeded to the cashier to pay for my drink, when I glanced he was standing next to me, I took my time butting the money in my wallet, but he was still struggling for words, so I just walked away :/

and it was finally my last class, Introduction to Islamic sharia'a -the same friend from the first class is with me here too, and she sat next to me- and when the lecturer came I discovered that all my professors this year were Egyptians. just like the previous class, the professor also went through the book, and I didn't pay that much attention to him because I got bored.

and that is how my first day went, how about you ? did you have fun, or did you hate it ?