Friday 13 September 2013

Back to University haul



Sup ?

it is back to school season :(
I'll start Uni on 15th September (1 days to go) and I am a bit nervous, I don't know why but I keep feeling that I am not yet ready ( both emotionally and materially ), so to make myself feel better I got out all the stuff I got for university and took pictures, because this way I'll know if there is something I didn't get yet.

and since I already photographed everything, I thought why not blog about it ? you know it can be a good reference for me for next semester, and it might help some people.

so here you go :



1st - Beauty products :
first let's start with something no one can live without : Deodorant ~
I am always changing my Deo because I really like to discover all the different scents. 
this time I bought this one because it have a really short ingredients list, and it only cost $1.7

 I also got spa salt, I like using spa salts, because they make my skin feel clean without drying it, I normally buy yoko milk spa salt, but this time I thought I would give this one a try because it have aloe vera in it (because lately I am having a really bad allergy and my skin is getting so itchy)

Price : 0.400 BHD ($1)

 when I went to the doctor for the allergy, she told me to change my body wash and use something for sensitive skin, that is gentle and moisturizing.. and there is nothing more sensitive than babies skin. also this does not have SLS in the ingredients list.
Price : 0.300 BHD ($0.79)

 Then earlier today I saw this box on my parents room, it was tucked behind the TV (when I asked my mom, she said she doesn't know where to put it, so she put it there !)
each box have 6 bars of soap, they come at random.

I bought these when I was in saudi last month and totally forgot about them, these soaps are the best smelling soap you'll ever use, they smell like fruits and they are gentle on your skin ( maybe because it is sulfate free ?)
I also used it on my guinea pig and she didn't mind at all 

(ATTENTION : I am not testing it on animals, I couldn't find guinea pig shampoo, and she used to smell really bad and constantly itching her skin so I used this and it helped her a lot.. I also used yardly english rose soap on her, but it made her hair look dull, but we are getting off topic)

Price: 5 saudi riyal for one box ($1.3)



BB cream
 I got this one yesterday, and it really looks nice on my face, it is easy to spread and looks very natural.
Price : $5.69

I also got holika holika watery
This one is good too, but it needs more work to blend it (maybe it'll be easier if I trim my nails).
Price : $5.75
Neo vision monet brown
my second pair of circle lenses ! ( you can click here to see a review for my first pair)
contact lenses are a must because I have inherited my mother bad eye sight, and I don't look goo with glasses.

- will be posting a review soon -


Another body wash ~
This one is actually medicated, I didn't try it yet But I hope it'll cure my skin.
Price: 2.750 BHD ($7.27)
Daiso nose peel-off pack
I saw a lot of Beauty Gurus recommending this, so I went to daiso and got it for 1 BHD ($2.64)

 I got this mascara when I was in Oman, I  don't remember the price 
 Nail art brushes, because using toothpicks is really inconvenient .
Price: $1.95 from ebay 
 I love this tent, the first time I got it in the small size and everyone was asking me what lip stain I am using, So I bought it again, the only bad thing this time is that my lips are horribly chapped, so the stain doesn't look nice, but it'll work when I fix my lips.
Price: $4.90
 sweet almond oil, I normally get BELL'S almond oil, but this one have a bigger bottle and it only cost 5 saudi riyals ($1.3)
 I also got this moisturizer because my skin is getting really dry.


2nd - clothing :
my dad doesn't allow me to wear normal clothes when I get outside (he acts like typical khaliji man), So I always wear Abaya, I bought 2 of them, but didn't take pictures yet.

But I bought a lot of stuff:

all of these T-shirts cost 5 saudi riyals ($1.3)
(also ignore the wrinkles, this is the first time I take them out of the bag, it have been stored on the bottom of my closet for more than a month)

Aeropostal
this is H&M
 most of the time they sell overstock, so I can get really good shirts for less than half the price.



 I have a lot more shirts, but I didn't take pictures because my mom already folded them and put them in my closet (I am not good at folding clothes)

I bought 2 pair of bottoms when I was in Dubai last month, the jeans have floral prints ( it cost 50 emirati dirham/$13) while the other one have a red wine colour and is made of stretchy cotton I think ( cost 30 dirham/$7.9)

 I bought 2 pairs of shoes, and my aunt gave me a blue pair of sandals, but I can't find them anywhere..
so here is the only one I have right now.

I know it is a bit dirty, but that is because I wore it to my trip to Oman/Salalah (check it out here)
I got this from RED TAG for around 3 BHD ($7~$9), this is the second time I buy this design, it is very comfortable and sturdy.


3rd - bags :
Dubai have the best collection of bag in the whole gulf area, and for affordable prices.

 this year, I bought a wallet, because it is not fun having a long line behind you while you fumble around for change, and using a wallet would prevent me from losing my money.

This was 450 emirati dirham ($12) mom said it is a bit expensive, but then dad said nothing is too expensive for my beautiful princess and I felt extremely happy ^___^


 This bag cost 50 emirati dirham ($13) from Dragon Mall. the bag is spacey and is made from a sturdy material, I got another one is a neutral colour for my BFF


 it looks much better in person, it is a glittery light pink colour and it is very cute ~
Price: 70 dirham
 this one also looks much better in person, it is blue ombre with 3 compartments, so it can hold a lot of stuff
Price: 130 emirati dirham ($34) .. this one was originally 200 dirhams ($53) but my dad is really good at haggling :]
(also the pink bag was originally 100 dirhams ( $26.4))

and then, while I was looking at the bags in saudi, I saw this :
can you believe this ! TVXQ !! 
I got this for 5 saudi riyald ($1.3) because the shop owner saw how exited I am for it, he said he accidentally bought this one, but nobody wanted to buy it because they don't like stuff with English writing (saudi people, tsk tsk)

normally these retail for $9~$13 on ebay, so I guess I got a good deal.

4th - miscellaneous :


cute pocket tissue ..
this is the most adorable portable tissue I've ever seen, and it only cost 2 saudi riyals ($0.5)
back view
it is made in korea.



if you read this post on you'll know that a must have for me is baby wipes , I bought a big 120 pcs  pack (6 saudi riyals/$1.5)


and also bought 2 small pack to keep in my handbag (I tend to be messy most of the time, so these are handy), one smells green apples, and the other one smells like peach. (it cost one saudi riyal each/$0.26)


 I also got this small spray bottle, I am planing to fill it with rose water and use as a facial mist.
i cost 1 riyal ($0.26) for a pack of 2



  Hello kitty tumbler, because winter is coming and there is nothing than hot beverage to make you feel warm , I am also planning to fill it with soup( ̄ー ̄)


last - school supplies :

I don't need as much stuff as I was in school, so I only got few essential stuff..


coloured paper clips, highlighters,blue pens,notepad,coloured pens
 I really love using paper clips, because they don't make holes in the paper (like staplers) and it is easier to rearrange the papers. 



just a pack of blue pens, because it is mandatory to use them in University, especially in exams.
Price : 1 BHD ($2.64)

 those are no the best pens you can get, even though they have pretty coloures, the material they are made of are cheap and they break easily.. I should've paid attention to that when I bought them :(

 Price: 0.900 BHD ($2.38)



 these are the best pens you can buy, I am serious they are so smooth on the paper and I love them, also they are very sturdy, they don't leak or break easily (unless you are going to hammer them, you'll need 2 to 3 hits)
in addition to that, they come in a plastic container which is good for storage, this container have 24 pieces in the following coloures:


- blue
- light blue
- purple
(my favourite)
- pink
- black
- orange
- red
price : 1.200 BHD ($3.17)



 I prefer to use one notebook for all of my classes instead of having to carry a lot of notebooks for every class, and risking the possibility of losing one of them, forgetting it at home, or bringing the wrong one to the lecture.

I am not really found of the design on this notebook, but I really loved the paper inside it (it is hard to find this kind of notebooks with good paper quality), besides this notebook have pockets in it (which I love) and schedule.. so yeah.

and now, the most important thing for University : BOOKS !

Introduction to Islamic Sharia'a
 I am a bit nervous for this subject, Because in school I was never good at religion .

Criminology and Punishment, Introduction to legal studies

 I did not buy these two this semester, but I have them because I failed those subjects (instead of studying for the finals, I slept over at my uncle's house for a week, and instead of studying, I tagged along when he went to work - he is a well known horse raider and he owns a staple - and I spent my time riding horses, and feeding them, but the best part was looking at all the trophies and certifications he have, I am really proud to have him as my uncle :] ..



after making this post, I realized that I have more than the stuff I showed here, but I don't know where I've placed them..