Monday 21 October 2013

Memories in a week: Eid mobarak!

Hello everyone :)

I've been very busy last week because it was Eid (Holiday!!!!!) But I had so much fun, especially that the weather was really nice that week :)




on Thursday, we had BBQ on the beach (Belaj Al Jazayer) 
*notice that I only take pictures using my phone, so the quality might not be amazing*


My dad started the fire so we can grill the chicken ( which he marinated in the morning before I went to University )
it was very windy that night :)


my younger brother trying to take pictures of stray cats

 It smell amazing ~
*dinner is served *YUM

It was really delicious, and after having dinner, we went to play in the water, it was sooo cold but we had so much fun.

on Friday, I spent my whole day on the internet (this is how I spend most my my days), but a remarkable thing was the dinner, the previous day my dad marinated 2 chickens, so this time the chicken tasted amazing because it have been marinated for almost 2 days.
just got out of the oven :Q___
I spent saturday on the internet too, and on sunday we went to my aunt house, on our way we passed by a natural reserve for immigrating birds

these white dots are flamingos (my phone doesn't have zoom function) 


 when we got out of my aunt house, we wandered around the streets then my dad bought dinner and we went on the beach to eat ^___^


we had Chapati for dinner 

The day after that was spent surfing the web, and the day after it we went to Belaj Al Jazayer again and had lunch there

then we headed to Al Areen Wildlife Park
tickets
first we rode the tour bus, but I forgot to take any pictures :/
but I remembered when the bus stopped at the Water Bird Park, I only took 2 pictures because I was afraid of getting close to the birds (Allergy >.< ) 

but I really liked the black swans
after the bus ride, we started walking in the park to see the animals there. There were a lot of animals there, but I was too busy watching them to take pictures, also they do have a variety of goats and sheep (which I hate so much, they scare me) 

but they have llamas!
I petted one of them and it was extremely soft ~

 then we saw the camel

and my brother petted it
he was so happy :]
 then we saw the Emu (it is very similar to ostrichs but it is smaller and the sound it make is very similar to hand drum)

my brother tried to touch it, but turns out this bird like to bite, don't worry my brother dodged it
then we passed by another bird, my brother wanted me to take his picture with it :)

 the bird was staring at my brother, and when my brother looked at it the bird lowered it's head, so our prince started petting it :)


the we saw donkeys, as you might be able to tell, this shorty loves animals, so he petted the donkey too
 that was our last stop in the park.
then we went to Karzakkan Beach, it was slowly getting darker, but I love the place there
you can see the bread on the water
 there was a lot of little fished there (Aphanius dispar), so my animal loving brother threw some bread at them, and they started eating it.


 my brother likes to walk on stepping stones















 then it started to get dark, and it was time to go home





 on the 16th it was finally the Eid, I woke up early (7am) and we went to visit my father's family, I really love them and I feel happy whenever I see them because unlike my mother's family, they are very nice people, they won't judge you based on your looks/clothes, and they see you as an equal human being, they are not arrogant. So sitting with them makes me feel good :)

but when it was noon I got tired (since my classes start at 11am, I am not used to wake up early). So I put my head on my sister's shoulder and took a nap, when I woke up none of the family member made fun of me or said any bad thing about me falling asleep, so I felt at ease. the only comments they made is that I resemble my deceased aunt (she had a really bad diabetes, and died in her thirties) very much, not only my face, but also my actions/habits. 
that afternoon we walked to the beach which was nearby











 then I went with my mom and sister to Arad fort, but unfortunately it was closed :(
as you can see, the door was locked

I've always thought that this fort have a lot of noses


 then we wandered around waiting for my dad to come and drive us home








 these are the traditional ships that were used for fishing/pearl hunting



the next day, which was thursday, my mom dragged us out the house and took us to visit her family, none of us wanted us to go so we kept sighing and complaining that we don't want to go, and fortunately for us we only went to 2 houses, the others weren't home ( I was especially relived to know that her uncle wasn't there, he is so touchy it makes me uncomfortable)

it is a known family custom (father's side) that the 3rd day of Eid (which was on friday), everyone gather to have dinner in my father's eldest uncle house.

I had so much fun there, and I made some friends (they are relatives, but still), that afternoon e went to the beach, this time it was Samaheej Beach.

we had to cross the highway and jump over the fence thingie 
this beach is a favourite spot for fishermen because it is very easy to catch fishes in there.


there is no actual beach, the water is deep and it is ideal for swimming/fishing








on our way back home we were very thirsty, so we entered a nearby convenience Store, but they didn't have water, so instead me and my sister bought frozen fruit drink.

after that we went back to my father's uncle house, I was sitting there with everyone when my father uncle entered the sitting room, when he saw me he froze in his place and he looked scared and like he is going to cry, then one of my relatives told him that I am his nephew's daughter, he looked a bit sad and for the rest of the night he didn't take his eyes off of me.
 to be honest I don't think I look like her that much, at least not physically.

 on saturday while I was editing the photos, my friend (G7) called me telling me to go to her house immediately because some friends are gathering there, so I go and I didn't have fun because there is a mutual hate between me and one of the girls, because she always try to humiliate me, and because she is rude, she opened G7 closet and threw her clothes around, also she threw all the stuff out of the drawers and she burned some tissue paper on G7 bed !

but after everyone went home, I stayed with her and helped her clean her room, and we talked about studying abroad ans scholarships, but unfortunately yesterday I discovered that this year there is no scholarship for my country T__T

so this was my week ^___^

*Just in case you were wondering, Bahrain is an island (actually an archipelago) so there is beaches everywhere*