Tuesday 15 April 2014

Bobbie Brown Makeup Lesson Experience + FOTD

Hello again <3

this is going to be my first face of the day post (hopefully not my last). Lately I've been taking makeup lessons at Bobbie Brown (the basic how to apply makeup)

last week was how to do Smokey Eyes, the lesson duration is 20 minutes, but I asked the makeup artist that works there -which is by the way is an amazing person, she is really sweet and friendly and she was really clear with explaining everything- to alter it so I would be able to wear it to University, and she did.. everything was easier than I thought it would be and it looked really pretty :)

and while we are at it I'll tell you my opinion about their mascara :
Bobbi Brown 'Everything' Mascara
at the store it looked really beautiful when I applied it, it made my lashed look more defined ad it gave a noticeable volume and I had no trouble with it at all, and I left it on my face the whole day (I do that when I am using a new product to test it'd durability) and the next morning after I washed t I noticed that my lashes looked thinner, but I thought that's probably because I washed of the mascara and now my lashes are back to looking boring, but through out the day my lashes kept falling off :( and now they look thin and brittle.
I know that it is caused by this because I don't wear makeup unless I have to.

*Disclaimer: I am not telling you not to buy this product I am just telling you about my experience with it*   

Today's lesson was Secret to Perfect Skin, this time I had another makeup artist teaching me how to do things, she was okay and a little bit rough but maybe it is because I am just not used to people touching my face :/
First thing was skincare routine, which I found okay, but it won't replace my current skincare routine (BTW would anyone like me to make a post about that ?) mainly because it feels kinda heavy on my skin, I can actually feel that I am wearing layers of product which doesn't feel nice at all and it makes me look like I just dipped my face inside a frying pan >.< 

Then she showed me how to conceal my dark circles, which was amazing!!
after that she showed me how to swatch foundation and how to find the right shade for me, and applied foundation on my face, this was my first time wearing foundation (I normally use BB cream) and I didn't like it that much because even though the formula was really light it had a lot of coverage (I would recommend it because this is a really good product) but I don't need any coverage because my skin is clear except for my horrible dark circles :(

After that she used bronzer, honestly I've tried applying bronzer many time but my face always looks dirty when I do XP but it looks nice when she applied it hopefully I'll be able to do it the same way :)

Aaaand, this is the results:
ignore my blurred mom in the background
^awkward selfie face
I am not good with taking pictures (-‸ლ)

Eyes:
Eyeliner - Missha the style monotouch shadow [NBK01]
Mascara - Daiso Volume up black mascara

Face: (Everything was applied by Bobbie brown makeup artist and everything used is from Bobbie Brown brand)

Step 1: Skincare
Cleanser - cleaning oil
Tonic - Hydrating face tonic
Serum - Intensive skin supplement
Eye Cream - Hydrating eye cream
Face Cream - Hydrating gel cream
Special Care - Lip Balm SPF15 ( I really didn't like this one, because it is not moisturizing and it is very sticky, it feels like vaseline, and it taste horrible)

Corrector - peach
Concealer - warm natural

Foundation - Skin warm natural

Powder - Sheer pressed warm natural
Bronzer - medium

Natural Blush - Nectar
(I copied everything from the face chart I was given)

See you soon :)