Thursday 24 April 2014

Book Review: King Solomon's Mines

Hello guys, How have you been ?
personally I haven't been very well, this is officially 2nd week of hell this year (it is not yet half of the years).. hopefully things will get better this week :)

to be honest I was actually planning to review bornprettystore.com and the products I got from them, but I accidentally deleted the pictures so...





I wasn't planing on reading anything today, but when I went to Uni this morning my class was canceled which means I'll be sitting there for an hour doing nothing, so I thought why not go spend this hour in heaven (a.k.a UoB Central Library)


Summery: 

Alan Quatermain, Sir Henry Curtis and Captain john Good have travelled a long way over difficult country to the hidden land of the Kukuanas.  Now, deep inside a mountain, they have finally found king Solomon's treasure.  There are enough diamonds there to make them the richest men in the world.  But will they be able to leave the treasure room ?
back cover
My Opinion :
I wanted a quick read because I only had an hour or so to read, and I choose this book because a few weeks ago my Arab110 lesson was about king Solomon and his great army so I thought why not ? besides I didn't have much time to go through all the books in the library to choose what to read (I normally forget myself when I am surrounded by books, the past semesters I would spend 5 hours in the library just staring at the books -while they are on the shelf- or touching them I don't even read the title, open the book, or even get it of it's shelf, weird I know).
anyway to the actual review, I like to read about adventure and traveling and lost treasures, maybe because I rarely get out of the house X( 
and this one was really fun to read even though it was so short and everything happened so quickly with little detail but that is probably because this is a revised version from the original story written by Sir H. Rider Haggard (Penguin Readers offer simplified text of the real books and this one is level 4 -Intermediate 1700 words) when I was reading the first chapter I thought this might not be that interesting, but as I kept reading it got more fun, my favourite parts are from chapter 11 to 13 :)

Rating: 3/5
Buy it here or Add it to your goodreads here